Sunday 23 March 2014

Twinings Green Tea Blend Review

So...given the name of my blog, it'll come as no surprise that I drink A LOT of tea...like a HECK of a lot of tea. With that knowledge it's a bit of a surprise that it's taken so long for me to review/talk about some tea...but fear not as that's what I'm going to be doing RIGHT NOW....

I bought this tea out of necessity after a rather first world problem where I couldn't find Tetley's Best of Both tea anywhere and needed something as a replacement. Best of Both is a blend of green and black tea just so you know...

SO

I bought this...


I know what you're thinking WOAH! Green AND Black tea...you complete weirdo why would you want to drink that?? Well, what's great about it is that along with the black tea you are getting all the health benefits of green tea without noticing it or having to drink it on it's own which can be pretty intense. Green tea is also meant to be healthier than black tea because it is less processed and has not been allowed to ferment so as a result the green tea retains more of the antioxidants. There's loads of good information on the Internet about the health benefits so I won't list them all here but two which caught my eye were to maintain weight/metabolism and apparently green tea can help reduce wrinkles. 

I'll admit it does taste of green tea but it's not overpowering and you very quickly get used to it. You need to brew this for a good two minutes and once you put the milk in don't freak out if it is a bit paler than your regular brew.


It is quite expensive at £4 for a box of 80. I love my tea and it is my indulgence so I wasn't put of by that. If I am comparing this tea to the Tetley Best of Both then this seems to have more of a quality green tea in it, the flavour is stronger and I now definitely prefer it over the Tetley. The Tetley however is only about £3 for 80 so well worth giving it a try. 

All in all I really recommend you try this but you'll need to drink it pretty consistently to see the results. I would love to know what you think if you try it! So tweet me  @amandainateacup


A x 

No comments:

Post a Comment