Monday 18 August 2014

'Bird Skull'

So on Sunday I started a new print, I was really hungover after an all day session in Sheffield but for some reason I always seem to be in a creative mindset when hungover...go figure. I love drawing skulls and so wanted a little project which I knew I'd be able to complete in a day (unlike this beauty which is taking FOREVER....)



I drew this on a grey cheap watercolour paper using the Staedtler Pigment Liner in 0.1, at first I was concerned that the paper would be too absorbent but I liked the way this turned out and feel that the grey lends itself well to the vintage feel. Basically expect a lot more illustrations on this paper in the future...


Anyway, I am pretty pleased with my bird skull...here's what I was listening to when I was drawing it....give your ear drums a treat...
A x


No comments:

Post a Comment